Whitewater Kayak Rentals
Experience the Excitement of Whitewater in Michigan!
Whitewater in Michigan is just a paddle-stroke away at the new Bear River Whitewater Park. The Whitewater Park is located in the Bear River Valley Recreation Area, a part of the Petoskey Parks System. The Bear River Whitewater Park takes advantage of the biggest drop of any river in Michigan's Lower Peninsula over the last mile, dropping over 75 feet. Enjoy the feeling of paddling in the wilderness on this natural flowing river.
The Bear River Whitewater Park is the first of its kind in Michigan. Flowing over a mile with a drop of over 75 feet, it has drops and rapids that flow from Class 1 up to Class 3. The first third of it flows thru a natural area that gradually picks up thru a rock garden and into a section of rapids that could exist in West Virginia or Colorado. With over a dozen features, the park provides the paddler with all sorts of fun. The lower section of the park is designed as a walking course allowing the paddler to easily carry the kayak upstream to run sections again and again. One of the great things about an engineered park is that the safety is enhanced. All of the features that have been added have been designed with safty in mind.
View Video of the Whitewater Park from My North.com
Bahnhof Sport operates a fleet of 1 and 2 man inflatable kayaks for fun on the river. Inflatable "Ducky's" are a fun, stable way for paddlers to experience whitewater. Super stable with the ability to bounce off rocks, "Ducky's" are perfect. They weigh about 20 - 25 pounds and can be easily carried upstream to experience your favorite section again and again. They are open boat that can be easily stepped in as well as easily exited in the event of a tip-over or at the take-out.
How it works:
- Our Whitewater Rentals are operated at our Petoskey Michigan store. Registration and outfitting are done at the store. During that time we will help you understand some basic skills and techniques to help you provide a safe, fun experience. During the orientation you can decide where you would like to enter the river. There are 3 choices.
- If needed we will then help you place your vehicles along the course and transport the kayaks to your chosen put-in.
- If we are helping transport you group, we will help your group get on the river.
- You can then enjoy your time paddling the river with time to carry up and re-run your favorite sections.
- At the end our van will pick up your equipment at a pre-determined time and transport them back to the store.
|Whitewater Rentals: |
|3-hour 1 person kayak includes Inflatable Kayak w/ Paddle, Wetsuit, PFD, Helmet ||$58.00 |
|3 hour 2 person kayak includes Inflatable Kayak w/ Paddle, Wetsuit, PFD, Helmet ||$68.00 |
|Helmet only ||$10.00 |
|Paddle only ||$10.00 |
|Farmer John only ||$20.00 |
|PFD Only ||$10.00 |
|Put-in service as available ||$15.00 |
To make reservations call
Click here to view video of a "Ducky" in action